This September, for the second e-Payments Challenge, Worldline’s clients, experts and Fintechs gathered in Frankfurt, Germany, for 48 intensive hours.
In total, 25 Fintechs competed on 15 challenges proposed by 11 clients. More than 70 Worldline experts were there to mentor the Fintechs, and 15 countries were represented. This year, ACCOR, Market Pay, Erste Group, Commerzbank, OP Financial Group and Conduent were present, both as partners and sponsors.
The first day started with an opening conference during which Worldline’s experts introduced their domain of expertise and roundtables on innovation were held. Fintechs had then the afternoon to meet with their clients and Worldline’s experts. This networking sessions allowed Fintechs to ask questions about their challenges and the Worldline assets they would use to solve their clients’ challenges. To end this first day, all participants met at the Mövenpick hotel for a diner sponsored by ACCOR.
The next day was all about working together! After a short briefing, participants had the whole day to co-create the future of payments, but also to discover demos for Worldline solutions and attend workshops from Worldline experts. Some also took a break to discover TechQuartier, a German Start-Up hub, to get inspired by their way of thinking out of the box and innovating. Some Fintechs stayed the whole night at KapEuropa to finish working on the pitches to impress their clients and our Grand Jury…
After hours of hard work, fun, networking and little sleep, the Fintechs started pitching their solutions to Worldline’s clients and winners were selected for each challenge. The challenge winners pitched their solutions this time in front of the Grand Jury, chaired by Mr Grapinet, to determine the Grand Prix winner.
Discover the event in this video
Here are the winners of this second Worldline e-Payments Challenge:
- Digital Identity: OneVisage
- Easy Payment for B2B: Finexkap
- In-Store ultrasound mobile payment: STIMSHOP and SONARAX
- In-store ultrasound biometric authentication: STIMSHOP and SONARAX
- Open banking: Toucan Toco
- Instant payment notification: Repay Solutions
- Bank balance breakdown: Xencio
- Request to pay: AcceptEasy
- In-store instant cards issuing in app: P3 - CloudAsset
- Account splitting for credit cards transactions: CashSentinel
- Gamification in payments: fino digital
- Try now, buy later: P3 - CloudAsset
- Bike sharing: PaynoPain
- Recurring Payments: Unwire
- Cards as a service: QuickSpend
Grand Prix: OneVisage for Digital Identity, challenge by ACCOR
Special Prize: P3 – CloudAsset for In-store instant cards issuing in app, challenge by a French bank
Best tweet award: manager.one
(Re) Discover the event on Twitter.
Thank you to everyone who participated and made this event a major success. See you next year for another edition of the Worldline e-Payments Challenge!